Timeless Moments offers a streamlined and flexible process for our clients. Typically, we will schedule a floral consultation with you after we have received your flowers. During your floral consultation, you will receive one-on-one to create the most elegant presentation of your flowers. In the meantime, you can browse our Inspiration Galleries for ideas.
- Reserve your date before your event online or by phone.
- Review “Caring for Your Bouquet” below.
- The day after your event, you or someone you assign will drop off or overnight ship us your flowers.
- We will immediately start the preservation process and keep your flowers safely stored.
- We will have a one-on-one floral consultation where we will go over your design and display options. We can do this online or in person at our showroom.
- We will craft your custom keepsake. Emailing a picture for approval before sealing the keepsake.
- We will ship your keepsake to you or you can pick it up.
Caring for Your Flowers
Here are some easy tips for caring for your flowers before and after your event.
Before Your Event
Let your florist know so they can prepare a water source for your bouquet. If they have any questions, they can always call us 440-523-1099.
After Your Event
Once your event is over, there are a few things that you will want to avoid doing until you are ready to ship us your flowers the next day. We recommend that you assign someone to handle the care and shipping of your bouquet so you can focus on your event.
- Do NOT freeze your flowers!
- Do not place your flowers in a refrigerator that freezes produce.
- Do not spray your flowers with water (or anything else for that matter).
- Do not put your flowers in the sun.
- Avoid crushing your flowers as they will bruise.
What should you do?
Place your bouquet in a standard refrigerator, standing up in its vase if possible. If this is not possible, keep the bouquet in a cool room until you are ready to ship it. Refrigerating your flowers helps maintain coolness and moisture to prepare for the shipment.
Don’t worry if you slightly damage the flowers; we can trim the edges. This is quite normal. Please note that Stephanotis has no stem and will dry; we can rehydrate (if it is not crisp) or replace it. If any of your flowers are received in a condition in which they cannot be rehydrated or trimmed (moldy, loss of petals, completely dried/shriveled up, etc.) Timeless Moments can replace certain individual blooms to improve the appearance of the final arrangement.
Be sure to set up a time for the bouquet to be dropped off the day after the wedding, or arrange for shipping the first business day after the event. Call us at 440-523-1099 to schedule a drop-off or learn “how to ship” us your flowers.
Cascade bouquets have a water source, the oasis holder.
Tip: When you get to the reception site, let someone take your bouquet and put some water in the holder. You may want to ask your florist to show you how to do this.
Hand-tied bouquets are the most common bouquet, usually tied at the stems with a ribbon. Hand-tied bouquets most often do not have a water source.
Tip: Let your florist know that you will need a vase with water to put your bouquet in at the reception. Simply place the stems in the vase at the reception. If your bouquet has a ribbon, it is okay to get it wet (we can clean it). A few florists will use an oasis holder with the stems sticking out of the bottom; if this is your bouquet, follow the directions above for cascade bouquets.