Crafting Your Custom Keepsake
At Timeless Moments, we take the utmost care in handling and preserving your flowers so that they look the same tomorrow as you remembered them on your special day.
We use the process of freeze-drying to preserve your flowers. Freeze-drying is considered the best floral preservation method available today, because flowers retain their natural shape and vivid color. Below you can read in more detail about how we meticulously and expertly craft each keepsake from your precious flowers.
Learn more about the process of freeze-drying.
Step by Step How We Craft Your Keepsake
- Once we receive your flowers, we photograph them.
- Your flowers are taken apart and re-hydrated.
- Pre-treatments are used on the flowers to hold the natural color and to open the cell structure.
- Your flowers are then placed in a secure holding freezer.
- We label all of the extras (ribbons, pins, etc.) and put them into storage until it is time to create your keepsake.
- Your flowers are wired and each flower is sealed with a thin polymer coat to protect it from the sun and moisture and to enhance the color.
- Based on the choices you made during your personal consultation with us, we will design and arrange your flowers into your special keepsake. We surround your flowers and any accessories with a special display case or domed frame that will protect them for many years to come.
- Your flowers are tested for complete dryness, then sealed and are ready to be shipped or picked up.
Jewelry Inspiration Galleries
Crafting Flower Petal Jewelry
The art of crafting flower petal jewelry was practiced for centuries by nuns in different countries around the world. Nuns created flower petal beads mostly for rosaries and their laborious process took days. They cooked the flowers to extract the moisture from the flower petals and the result was a thick flower paste that was used to make beads. With our modern freeze-dry technology, Timeless Moments has revived and improved on this almost lost art.
How We Craft Your Jewelry:
- Your flowers are freeze-dried.
- The petals are removed and pulverized.
- We shape the pulverized flowers into "floral jewels."
- The beads and stones are glazed multiple times to add a protectant seal.
- The floral jewels are assembled with fine materials
such as sterling silver or gold.
- The final piece(s) are elegantly packaged
and ready to be shipped or picked up.